There is nothing like a pat on the back and a plaque on the wall as recognition for good work. If you do ceilings and/or interiors, the Ceiling & Interior Systems Construction Association (CISCA), St. Charles, IL, would like a chance to recognize that work through its 2009 Construction Excellence Awards competition. All entries must be received by CISCA no later than January 15, 2010. Download the entry information pdf here.
According to the organization press release, “CISCA’s Construction Excellence Awards recognize outstanding achievements in the design, fabrication, and functionality of acoustical and specialty ceilings, as well as in interior systems construction. The Awards also further the contributions of ceiling and interior systems professionals to the architectural and construction industries of which their work is an essential and integral part.”
If you have a winning entry, you will be recognized at the Awards and Keynote Breakfast on Friday, April 23, 2010, during CISCA’s 2010 Convention and INTEX Trade Show, to be held April 21 to 24, 2010 in Denver. The awards ceremony features a comprehensive multi-media presentation of all submissions and winning projects.
Award categories include:
- Ceilings: Complex or difficult design new construction ceiling projects using metal, wood, fiberglass, fabric, or mineral fiber.
- Renovation: Complex or difficult design renovation projects using metal, wood, fiberglass, fabric, or mineral fiber.
- Interior Finishes: Complex or difficult design interior finish projects.
- Acoustical Solutions: Complex or difficult design projects solving an acoustical challenge.
- Boutique: Debuting in 2009, for unique interior projects less than 10,000 square feet.
If you did an interesting project that fits in one of these categories, download the form and enter. Applause may follow.—Gary L. Parr