- Daylight at the Convention
- JLL Report: Construction industry strong, not slowing down
- Commercial Conversation #36
- BIM Benefits Buildings
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY: Miniature 360-deg. surveillance camera
- EXTERIORS: Vinyl fencing, gates
- HVAC & PLUMBING: Multi-user lavatory
- INTERIORS: Natural, sustainable tile flooring
- LIGHTING & ELECTRICAL: Wireless energy-management system
- WINDOWS & DOORS: Storefront system
Check-In Time For Smart Rooms
Hotel-room automation is reaching the tipping point as energy concerns and guest expectations mount.
Design Partnership: Explorers And Storytellers
A firm specializing in cultural and education projects for children and families immerses occupants in its designs.
ACM Wraps Winery Tasting Room
Two versions of Alucobond aluminum composite material create a striking exterior for a wine-tasting and event facility.
JLL Report: Construction industry strong, not slowing down
Financial and professional services firm, JLL (Jones, Lang, and LaSalle), Chicago, in a new report, indicates that the construction industry is “building” and expected to continue doing so through 2017. According to the report, construction starts were up in 2014, driven largely by the office and industrial sectors in energy-producing markets, as well as traditional office markets such as New York. However, they note that the cost to build is higher than ever as a result of continued increase in labor and materials costs.
- R2-Series heat pumps
R2-series heat pumps provide year-round comfort, even in extreme climates.
- Partitions Add Aesthetics, Durability To Science Center
- Student Housing Weathers The Storm